Pan Fried Skate
- 1 lb Skate Wing
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Palm Oil
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbs Champagne Vinegar
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cornichons finely chopped
- 1 Hardboiled egg separate yolk from white and finely chop separately
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Italian parsley finely chopped
Pan Fried Skate Wing
- Pat your skate wing dry using paper towels, then place flat in glass dish.
- Mix the flour and spices together so they are well combined. Then place skate into the flour mix and work around so as to thoroughly coat it.
- Heat the palm oil in a stainless steel, cast iron, or non stick pan until small bubbles comes up from the end of a wooden spoon. (about 325 - 350°F)
- Gently lay the floured skate into the hot oil, and reduce heat to a medium so that the bubbles continue but the pan does not begin to smoke.
- Cook the wing for 3-4 minutes per side making sure to get that beautiful crispy sear. Once cooked on both sides place it on a plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with seasonal veggies. Roasted broccolini is a good go-to, and then top with Sauce Gribiche
- Mix all the ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl, taste for further seasoning and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe