- 12 ounces Macaroni, Elbow, Shells, Strozzapreti, or Cavatappi Cooked according to package directions
- 4 tbsps Butter
- 2 tbsps Shallots Finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic Smashed and finely diced
- 4 tbsps All purpose flour
- ½ cup White wine
- 2 ½ cups Whole milk Slightly warm
- ½ tsp Nutmeg Fresh grated
- 8 ounces Brie cheese diced
- 8 ounces Dungeness Crab meat
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- 2 tbsp Grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Buttered baking dish or individual baking dishes
- Chives Chopped
- Pre-heat the over to 400°F
- In a medium bowl combine the panko, melted butter, and parmesan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. When the butter is melted add the shallots and saute just until wilted and translucent. Stir in the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds longer.
- Next whisk in the all-purpose flour. Let it cook for a minute and then slowly add the white wine and whole milk while whisking. Continue whisking until the sauce is smooth and slightly thickened. Then stir in ½ teaspoon of fresh grated nutmeg.
- Take the sauce off the heat and gently stir in the brie cheese until melted and the sauce is smooth. Season to taste with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add sauce to the cooked pasta and then fold in the crab meat.
- Pour the crab and brie macaroni and cheese into a buttered baking dish or individual dishes and then sprinkle with the buttered panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the baking dish or dishes into the oven and let bake for about 15-20 minutes or just until nicely heated through and the panko breadcrumbs are golden brown. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh chopped chive and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe