- 6 ounces POSS Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Chile powder or a Chile lime seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions or Diced Red Onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg whisked
- Juice Half a lime
- About 1/2 cup breadcrumbs for dipping the cakes
- Oil for frying
- Chipotle Crema for dipping
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix together the tuna, salt, Chile powder or seasoning, black pepper, green onions, cilantro, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, egg and lime juice until ingredients are nicely incorporated.
- Form 6-8 cakes, about 3 inches wide and 1-1/2 inches thick. Toss them in breadcrumbs and place them on a baking sheet.
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet. When the oil is hot place 3-4 cakes in the skillet and brown on each side. About 1-2 minutes per side. Watch the heat as the oil gets hot quickly and can burn the tuna cakes. When the cakes are done transfer to a paper towel lines plate.
- To make the dipping sauce, add one chipotle in adobo, juice of half a lime, 1 tablespoon honey and 1/2 cup mayonnaise to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Serve the tuna cakes warm with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe