For the Octopus
- 1 lb Giant Pacific Octopus
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Black peppercorns
- 2 dry Bay Leaves
- 1 Clean Copper Penny 1982 or before
For the Fried Potatoes
- 8 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black pepper
- 2 tsp Dry tarragon
For the Avocado Cilantro Salsa Verde
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- ¼ cup garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- Using a meat tenderizer or back of a frying pan, pound out the tentacle until it begins to flatten.
- Bring red wine, water, spices, and penny to a boil in a stainless pot (adding the clean copper penny to the pot recreates the Spanish tradition of cooking octopus in copper pans, it also brings out the bright purple in the octopus).
- Add the tenderized octopus to the boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. Let cook for 1 hour.
- Remove octopus and let cool for 30 minutes. Toss in olive oil and grill until skin is crispy and slightly charred.
- In a stainless steel bowl toss potatoes with spices and oil.
- Place onto baking sheet and roast at 455°F for 15 minutes.
Avocado and Cilantro Salsa Verde
- Toss all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe