Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb Sablefish (Black Cod) Skin off. Small diced.
- 1 Red onion Small diced.
- 1 Red bell pepper Small diced.
- 1 Orange bell pepper Small diced.
- 2 Jalapeno peppers Small diced.
- 2 cups Lime Juice
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro Chopped.
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 Avocadoes Small diced.
- 2 tsp Chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Corn chips of your choosing
- Skin and dice the black cod. Set in plastic or glass bowl. Add lime juice, and let rest for 2-3 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine fresh vegetables and spices. Mix very well.
- Add the vegetable and spice mix to cod and lime juice. Taste and add more salt or seasoning if desired.
- Let Ceviche set for a minimum of 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Once all is set, add avocado and serve in stemmed martini glass or in ceramic/glass bowl with chips available for serving.
- Chef Garrett's tip: Garnish with a slice of lime, diced or sliced and fanned avocado, and even some grilled shrimp.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe