For the Halibut
- 1 - 1½ lbs Pacific Halibut or Lingcod
- 1 - 2 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Five Spice Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Slaw
- 1 large apple julienned or grated
- 2 - 3 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro coarsely chopped
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsps seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
For the Crema
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of one large lime
- 1 - 2 tsps Sriracha
- Corn tortillas
- Green onion for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Pull the fish out the refrigerator at least 20 minutes prior to cooking. This will increase the temperature of the fish so it cooks more evenly in the oven.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and brush with olive oil. Then season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Rub the five spice powder on the fish and place it in the oven to roast for about 10 minutes. Typically, you should cook fish 8-10 minutes for each inch of thickness.
- Prepare the slaw while the fish is cooking. Place the apples, cabbage, cilantro and sliced green onions into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, sugar, and olive oil. Toss the dressing with the cabbage and then spinkle with sesame seeds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice, honey and Sriracha
- When the fish is done, let it cool for about five minutes. Flake the fish for the tacos and assemble with slaw and crema. Load the garnish as desired!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe