- 1 Lb Halibut, Lingcod, or Rockfish
- 4-5 Whole Limes Juiced
- 1/2 Cup Diced Cucumber Or more, if you like.
- 1 large Jalapeno Seeded and Diced
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Whole Limes Juiced
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 whole Avocado Sliced
- 1 Bunch microgreens Optional
Citrus Cook your Fish
- Add diced whitefish to a non-reactive bowl and cover with fresh lime juice.
- Place a lid or plastic wrap over the top and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once the fish is opaque, it is done. Drain and discard the lime juice from the diced fish. Place the diced fish into a large bowl.
- Add the sliced red onions to a small bown and then sprinkle with sugar and the jice of two limes. Toss together and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add cucumber, Jalepeno and half of the chopped cilantro to the diced fish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Squeeze with an additional lime and add the olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Drain the red onion and toss it with the fish mixture. Again, check for seasoning, adding salt or pepper as needed.
- Place the civiche in a serving bowl and top with addiotnal chopped cilantro, avocado slices. Serve over microgreens with blue corn tortilla chips or on a tostada.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe