- 4 6oz Rockfish fillets
- 1 cup Brown Basmati rice
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups whole Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup whole almonds rough chopped
- lemon juice to taste
- salt to taste
- 4 whole crushed garlic cloves
- whole stick of butter
Brown Buttered Rockfish
- Preheat oven to 380°F. Start with a smoke point pan (hot hot hot). Add generous amount of oil.
- Salt the fish, then add fish to pan salt side down. Sear until there is the start of a golden brown sear on the fish.
- Then add 2 cups of rough chopped almonds, 1 tbsp butter and a splash of lemon juice. Finish in the oven for several minutes.
- Pull out of oven and flip the fillet, adding 1 more tbsp butter with 4 crushed garlic cloves and baste your heart out.
- Remove the fish from the pan and start browning your butter and almonds. The trick is to keep it under constant heat while continuously moving the butter so as not to allow the milk solids to be stationary in the pan which prevents burning. Continue until a dark brown color is achieved.
- Add in shaved brussel sprouts to browned butter and almond mix. Finish with salt and lemon juice to taste.
Brown Basmati Rice
- For one cup of brown basmati you will need 2 cups of cold water.
- Add the rice and water to a pot, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a heavy simmer. Let cook until all the water is evaporated. Salt to taste
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe