For the Fish
- 1.5 Lbs Ling Cod Cut into 4 pieces.
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Ghee or Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ghee is clarified butter.
- 2 Cups Cooked Pearl Couscous or Rice
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 Handful Italian Parsley Leaves
- 6-8 Leaves Fresh Mint
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Anchovies
- 1.5 Tbsp Capers
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes or Baby Heirloom Tomatoes Halved or quartered.
- 1/2 Cup Artichoke Hearts Grilled or marinated, chopped.
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts Toasted.
Make the Salsa Verde
- In a small food processor (or you can choose to chop ingredients by hand), add the Italian parsley, mint, garlic, anchovies, capers (reserve half a tablespoon for garnish), squeeze of lemon and olive oil. Pulse until you have a nice salsa consistency. Then season to taste with salt and pepper. It doesn't have to be pureed like a pesto, just nicely blended.
- Season the Ling Cod with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with ghee or olive oil over medium heat and when the oil is hot add the ling cod flesh side down. Let the ling cod cook until it's formed a crust or easily lifts off the pan. Flip to the skin side down and cook until the fish is done. As a rule, fish typically cooks 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. So if your fish is a thin filet, it may only require a few minutes on each side.
- Once the fish is done, place some couscous or rice on plates or a platter and then place the fish over the couscous or rice. Drizzle with Spanish salsa verde and garnish with tomatoes, artichoke hearts and toasted pine nuts. Sprinkle with a few additional capers if desired and serve with additional lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #possrecipe