POSS CSF Policy
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Signing up means you agree and understand these terms and conditions.
- Each season lasts four months. We are a year around fishery so we are able to share our catch with you each month of the year. Currently our shares will be delivered once a month on the first Wednesday in Port Orford, Coos Bay and Salem and Thursday in Roseburg, Eugene, Corvallis and Portland of each month. This is subject to change as our business grows. We currently offer two shares; Full-Share, $100 a month for approximately 8lbs. of fish or a $100 retail value and a Half-Share, $50 a month for approximately 4lbs. of fish or a $50 retail value. Are you a flexible person? Fishermen spend a majority of their time rolling with the punches including weather, water conditions, and fishing regulations. If you’re not able to do this or don’t want to, you may not enjoy the benefits of a CSF. On the other hand, if you really want to experience how fisheries work and how variable catching seafood can be, it’s a great experience to live with the seasons and appreciate how and when seafood is available. Since we are small boat(s) employing hook and line fishing methods only, we do not fish for net species like shrimp, Dover Sole and Petrale Sole. We only catch seven different species of fish here including: Albacore Tuna, Chinook Salmon, Lingcod, Black Cod, halibut, Cabezon and rockfish (with about 25 different species all having slightly different taste and texture). We also harvest by-catch including Spiney Dog Fish, Long-Nosed Skate, and Wolf Eel which at some point, may find its way into a monthly share along with shelf stable Hook and Line Albacore Tuna. Will it be monthly or seasonally? Probably not, but it is an option and part of the product that we produce.
- All sign-up and payments are accepted via Small Farm Central. You will need a current PayPal or Dwolla account to pay via Small Farm Central. You will be re-routed via the POSS website to Small Farm Central. You will receive an email confirmation of your sign-up. If you do not have a PayPal or Dwolla account, we will gladly accept a check.
- Our members can join or cancel the CSF at any time. You will be billed (sent an email reminder) via Small Farm Central around the 15th of each month for the next month’s share according to the share selected. Please allow up to five days for processing of new payments.
- Each season’s full-share will cost $400 and half-share will cost $200. We appreciate full payment up front if possible because it helps us offset our operating costs. However, we understand that this is not possible for everyone and we would like to share our catch with as many members as possible. You can also pay month to month: a 25% deposit/payment is required to start your membership. Each remaining payment is due by the 15th of each month so we have plenty of time to organize our monthly drop. We will also accept a check made out to POSS. Please email (or call, 541-671-07o4) Dianne at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you choose the check option. Please mail the check to Port Orford Sustainable Seafood P.O. Box 407 Port Orford, OR 97465.
- There are currently two types of fish shares: Half Share (feeds two people once a week) and Full Share (feeds four once a week or two twice a week). All shares will consist of filleted, flash frozen fish and occasionally shelf stable tuna. Shellfish (Dungeness Crab) options might be made available during December and January if we have enough interest. Dungeness Crab also might be made available to purchase in addition to your regular share.
- We cannot guarantee that every fillet is 100% boneless.
- Your fish will be maintained at the proper temperature during fishing, landing, processing, delivery, and distribution. POSS is not responsible for what happens to your share after you pick it up. Please consider carrying your fish in a small cooler or insulated bag if you are far from home or your fish is not going straight into your fridge or freezer. Seafood needs to be kept cold, so plan your post pick-up schedule accordingly.
- If you cannot make your scheduled pick-up, please get someone to pick up your share. If someone else is picking up your share, make sure they have your full name when they pick up and sign. If you are going out of town, you can request a vacation hold. All holds must be placed no later than the Monday preceding the held pick-up.
- There will be a sign-in sheet requiring your signature when you pick up your fish. You will receive an automated email the night before your pick-up. This email will include the types of fish you can expect in your share.
- Any unclaimed share after the site’s pick-up deadline will become property of POSS. If for whatever reason you miss your scheduled pick-up, we cannot make up that missed share.
Missed deliveries on our part…
If a delivery is canceled because of hazardous weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances, you will be notified by email. We can only compensate you for a missed share if we are at fault for the missed delivery. You will be notified by email as soon as possible if we have to miss a delivery.
I have read the terms of the Port Orford Sustainable Seafood Community Supported Fishery Policy and agree to these terms.